Going on vacation and don’t want to worry about your incoming emails while you’re away. If you’re an Outlook email user and want to set up an automatic reply system for when you’re out of the office this is for you.
I’ll be showing you how to set up out of office automatic replies for both Outlook exchange accounts and regular Outlook email accounts. Now let’s get started.
Set Up Out of Office Auto Reply in Outlook Exchange Account
If you or the company you work for use the Outlook exchange premium email system and software for desktop.
- To begin open the Outlook app on your computer.
- In the top left corner of the window click File then select Info from the menu that appears
- Next click automatic replies.
- Click the circle beside send automatic replies to enable them.
- Check the box labeled only send during this time range then indicate the date and time you’d like auto-replies to start and end. Now write whatever you’d like your auto response to say you can write different messages for people inside your organization and outside your organization. This makes it easy to have appropriate responses for your co-workers and for others.
- When you’re finished click OK
Set Up Out of Office Auto Reply for a regular Outlook Hotmail Email account
- To start go to Outlook.com then login to Hotmail email account.
- Now click the gear icon in the top right select automatic replies from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll see a side panel pop out on the right side. Click the box near the top labeled send automatic replies.
- Now choose the dates for when you want to start and stop sending auto replies.
- If you want you can also enable other features at this point like automatically declining invitations during the time span you’ve indicated.
- The last step is to actually write your reply. Choose whether you want this response to be sent just to your contacts or to anyone who emails you while you’re away. Click in the text box and type what you’d like it to say use the toolbar above the text box to format your response.
- When you’re done, click okay at the top of the side panel.
That’s all you need to do to set up automatic email replies with Outlook.